1922: 10 acres of land was donated by Samuel Insull and is the site of the current campus
1925: The Britsh home opens with 24 residents . Staff live on site and worked together with residents on vegetable gardens and chicken coop .
1952: The British Home opened its infirmary for residents requiring nursing care
1986: Addition of the Wye Valley apartment building for active independent seniors
1996: Community outreach developments including Abbeyfield House, Handy Menders and Staying at Home services
2003: Woodlands Assisted Living residence opens with 73 apartment homes
2006: Launch of the Active Living Center with a fitness center, therapy space and rehabilitation services.